Friday, July 8, 2011

Prologue

This blog is about 6 years overdue. 

Seriously, I've been meaning to do a poker-related blog for quite some time now... ever since I qualified for the 2005 World Series of Poker Main Event via a $320 online satellite... ever since I played poker "professionally" on PokerRoom.com for about 10 months after the WSOP... ever since I participated in PokerRoom.com's "Become a Poker Pro" tournament where the final 9 players played out the final table live on a cruise ship to the Bahamas... and ever since my life changed shortly after the cruise, which required poker to take a backseat in the grand scheme of things.  I mention these events not to toot my own horn, but because they are obviously the most notable in my poker "career" to date.  That said, I really wish I had started this blog during that time as opposed to procrastinating until now.  While I have many memories that will stick with me forever, it would've been nice to have a more detailed summary of certain events (ie, a WSOP Main Event Tournament Report, etc.).  I did do a half-assed blog for one of PokerRoom's $1,000.00 buy-in tournaments that I played several years ago, but I'll have to dig through my old files to locate it.  I may have even deleted it some time ago when I purchased my new laptop. 

Anyway, I suppose it's better late than never to start this blog.  I've always enjoyed reading DP's and Mailman's poker-related blogs and I hope that whoever reads this one enjoys it all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment