Monday, February 18, 2013

Cash Game Success

Man it has been a while since I've done one of these.

Last night I decided to head over to Marc's house for some .25/.25 HA cash game action.  I couldn't stay long due to other commitments (new Walking Dead episode and the WWE Elimination Chamber pay-per-view that I promised my downstairs neighbors I'd watch with them) but I was excited to play some poker nonetheless.  Bought in for $40 and left an hour and fifteen minutes later with a $90 profit.  It was a nice little win for me; my first positive poker result in God knows how long.  Going in I figured it would be an inexpensive way for me to gain some much-needed experience in Pot Limit Omaha.  To my surprise, that's where most of my profit came from on the night.  Granted, I was very fortunate to hit some big hands (ie - nut straight on the turn with the nut flush draw and hitting in on the River only to get paid off by the second nut flush).  I also spiked a big NLHE hand with 57hh.  Pot was raised preflop with several callers.  Flop was 5x 5x Ah.  Terry led out with a $7 bet from early position.  I made a pot-sized raise to $31 and Gary pushed all in behind me for a bit less than that.  Terry tanked for a bit before folding and I ended up hitting runner-runner hearts for a flush.

Overall, it was nice to sit down in front of the poker felt again.  Hoping to do it again very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment