Friday, December 7, 2012

Rebuy Recap

Last Friday's $10 Rebuy Tournament was a good time.  We ended up doing unlimited rebuys until the first break.  I doubled my stack early when I attempted a squeeze play from the Button with J5ss.  Yosh was the only caller and the Flop came Jack high.  Yosh and I got into a raising war and the chips went in.  He had AQ for only Ace high and my pair of Jacks held.  With a healthy stack, I played LAG style for the next few levels but hovered around 14-18k.  Anytime I 3-Bet I got several callers and kept bricking flops.  Meanwhile, joedrummer proceeded to steamroll the table.  He's an aggressive player who plays a lot of pots and doesn't like to fold.  He aggressively bets Ace-high and he will bet and/or call any draw.  He twice called All-Ins on the Flop with the nut flush draw and got there both times.  Doug Poker was victimized one (maybe both?) times holding pocket Aces.  After the break and the rebuy period ended, I took a chunk out of Joe's chip stack after I made a Flush and got paid off on sizeable Turn and River bets.  It was all downhill from there, however, as I ended up stacking off to Doug Poker.  I flopped top pair (Jacks) but Doug flopped a set (fours) and rivered quads for good measure.  I think I finished 6th or 7th.  Not the outcome I wanted but I had fun playing poker again.  After my elimination I dealt for the remaining players until the tournament concluded.

10 players, 5 rebuys

1st - joedrummer - $90
2nd - Cheryl - $45
3rd - Yosh - $15
Bubble - Good Ole DP 

Hopefully I can squeeze in another game before the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment