Friday, August 11, 2017

$40 Sit-N-Go at Caryn's

After an extremely busy day at work on Thursday, August 10th, I received a call from Doug Poker wondering if I wanted to play in a $40 tournament later that night. I found out later that it was being held at Caryn's house in Brecksville, a short 15 minute drive from my house. Doug mentioned I should show up by 6:50pm for the 7pm tournament start, as Caryn would award a 5k bonus tournament chip for showing up early. I arrived shortly after 6:40pm and enjoyed catching up with Doug before people starting arriving and the tournament started. With the 5k bonus chip, we started with 20k in tournament chips. 20 minute levels. I drew the Ace and chose a seat in the middle of the table, which makes it much easier when it's my turn to deal. Seated to my left were Caryn, Krazy Joe, David Lee, Molly, Todd, Luckbox Linda, Doug Poker, Nikki, and Lyft Driver Dave.

Level 1 (25/50) - With AQdd, I raise to 200 from UTG+1 and get 4 callers. Flop is 10 high and I bet 350. Nikki is the only caller. Check-check on the turn. River is a Jack and Nikki opens for 500. I only have Ace high but I'm curious and she shows two-pair with J-T. I end the level with 18550.

Level 2 (50/100) - Nothing to report. I end the level with 18325.

Level 3 (75/150) - With two red Queens, I limp UTG and Caryn raises to 500. There are 3 callers behind her and I re-raise to 2800 total. Caryn is the only caller. Flop K96 rainbow. I lead for 2500 and Caryn goes all in, showing KK for a flopped set after I fold.

The next hand I get A8ss in the BB and see a flop with two other limpers. Flop offers two spades. I bet 200 and the Lyft Driver Dave calls in the SB. Turn gives me a gutshot straight draw. Dave checks and my 700 bet is called. I miss all my draws on the river, but bet 1300 and Dave folds.

A few hands later (the first hand of 100/200 blinds), I get JJhs in the hijack. I raise to 525, Krazy Joe calls in the SB and Molly calls in the BB. Flop T42 rainbow. Both blinds check and I bet 1200. Molly is the only caller. Turn is [T 4 2] 3. Molly checks and I bet 2800. She raises to 10k. I put her on A-T, K-T or even a mid-pair like 88 or 99, so I went all in for not much more than the 10k. She instantly calls and turns over 65 for the nut straight. I'm drawing dead and on my way home after a short hour at the poker table.

I suppose I want that call on the flop every time... just feels like a kick to the nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment