Saturday, August 26, 2017

Home Game Preferences?

It's been about a month since I returned to the poker felt and I'm preparing to host games at my house again soon. I would have liked to have hosted a game by now, but my space is limited and my poker supplies are outdated. I'd like to invest in some new decks, a new tournament chip set (I have a bountiful supply of generic Super Diamond chips with no value labels and would like to upgrade) and a new poker table (the felt is in great shape, but the padding along the outside of the table is not).

As I'm thinking about these things, what are the most important things to you when you attend a home poker game?

Temperature - I realize things will get warm when 10+ people get together but my basement is much cooler than my living room upstairs. The basement is not a glamorous setting and the lighting isn't the best.

Setting - Would you rather sit in a crappier looking basement that is cooler (temp-wise) and offers a bit more space, or a nicer looking living room that is warmer and a bit cramped? The bathroom is upstairs near the living room.

Chip set /Table - Would you rather have really nice chips or does this not matter as much?

Chairs - Folding chairs, or ones with some type of cushion?

Structure - Do you prefer a $20-$40 donkament that is faster paced, possibly with rebuys? Or do you prefer a $60+ extended structure with deeper stacks and 30 minute levels? What about a low-limit cash game $0.25/$0.25?

Just a few things to think about. I welcome your thoughts and feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment