Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Julie’s $60 Ironman - 6/8/2018

For those unaware, an Ironman tournament has no scheduled breaks. You can leave the table at any time, but you risk losing your blinds if you’re away from the table. My opening table was Cheryl, Missy, Twitch, Colleen, Julie, Bruce, Shekar (new to poker and the CPMG), Todd, David Lee and me in the 10 seat. 13000 chips to start.

25/50 - Bruce raises to 150. Another person calls and I call on the button with 63o. Flop is 63X, giving me two pair. He leads out for 350 and I’m the only caller. I don’t want to get crazy without seeing the Turn and River. Turn is a blank. Bruce bets 800 and I call. The River blanks again, with no straight or flush possibilities. Bruce bets 1500 and this is a big enough bet for me, in the first level no less, to be cautious in case he’s made a better hand. I just call and he turns over pocket Aces. I show him my two pair and rake in a sizable pot. I end the level with 15625.

50/100 - I continued to play position throughout this level, but missed all my draws with hands like 54ss and 87o. I end the level with 13100.

75/150 - From the cutoff, I call a raise of 400 with AQdd. The flop is J34 with two diamonds. Todd M leads for 800 and I flat call. Turn [J 3 4] 4d. This completes my flush but pairs the board. Todd checks and folds to my 1500 bet.

A bit later, I limp in from middle position with K7ss. Cheryl raises to 600, Missy calls and I tag along. Flop K87, with two diamonds. I check. Cheryl leads for 1100 and Missy calls with about 7-8k behind. After considering my options, I re-raise to 4000. Cheryl goes all in for more than I have left. Missy folds, leaving me with pretty easy decision (to also fold). With two cards to come, I do think AA or AK are possibilities. Maybe A8dd, giving her mid pair and a flush draw? There are some hands that I’m beating and with Game 4 of the NBA Finals between the Cavs and Warriors starting soon, I wouldn’t be too upset if I was sent home early. It doesn’t take me long to make a VERY loose call, and I’m really not surprised to see her set of 8’s. The Turn and River are no help to me and I’m on my way home after an hour at the felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment