Sunday, July 8, 2018

Quick SNG & Rebuy Recap

A couple quick tournament recaps:

On 6/16/18, I hosted a last minute $40 Sit&Go that featured Dana, Doug Poker, Special K, Yosh and several other CPMGers that you know and love. Unfortunately, it ended up being a night that really tested my (and probably many others) patience. For one, I couldn’t stop coughing. It was one of those really dry coughs that came out more as a bark than a cough. My apologies for putting everyone through that. Second, a player that shall not be named was way too drunk to be playing poker. There is nothing more annoying than a player who slows the game down, doesn’t pay attention to the action and verbally berates other players. The next day, that player apologized and was extremely embarrassed for their behavior that night. Apologies and thanks to those who put up with it. Anyway, 10 players participated and we paid Top 3, which ended up being Kirsten ($200), myself ($120) and Krazy Joe ($80).

On 6/30/18, I was planning to attend Julie’s tournament but she was under the weather and couldn’t host. I contemplated hosting another game, but Doza posted a $20+$5 Rebuy Bounty tournament at a tattoo shop in Parma Hts. I decided to attend and ended up collecting the bounty of the owner of the tattoo shop owner, but busted after 2 or so hours of play. Call me a poker snob, but there was a lot of novice players at my table who slowed down the game considerably when it was their turn to deal and act. I ended up taking over dealer duties and it was difficult to pick up chips and the cards on the white folding table that we played on. Needless to say, it was yet another instance where my patience was tested, and subsequently affected my play.

No comments:

Post a Comment