Friday, November 30, 2012

Dealing and a Rebuy Tournament

This past Wednesday night, I dealt for a $1/$1 NLHE cash game until the last orbit around 2:30am.  Had a lot of fun and Terry K went out of his way to praise my dealing skills which was very much appreciated.  When I'm called upon to deal, I really do make an effort to get as many hands in as possible for the players in attendance.  I know if I take care of the players, they'll take care of me which goes a long way in helping me bring in some extra income for my family.  As such, I take dealing seriously and treat it like it's my 2nd job.

Tonight, I'm hosting a single table $10 Rebuy Tournament and I couldn't be more excited.  You're probably wondering why I'm amped about a measly little $10 game?  Quite simply, I'm just excited to sit down and play poker, regardless of the stakes.  It seems lately that more and more micro-stakes games are popping up in the CPMG.  Marc S has been hosting a regular .25/.50 HA cash game for most of 2012 and we've seen .25/.50 and .50/.50 games hosted by Adam, Data, Julie and Diabl0 this year as well.  It's good to see the micro-stakes games thriving along with the medium and higher buy-in games that have always done well in the CPMG.  Joining me tonight for the Donkament fun are Dana, Doug Poker and Special K, Jamie W, Yosh, Cheryl, Bad Beat Mucker Rob's son Michael, joedrummer - a relative newcomer to the CPMG who attended my Micro Stakes cash game back in June, and Gary Senkar - aka, Ichiban nit - who I will be meeting for the first time.  I keep wavering in my stance on allowing new members to attend my games, but Marc S vouched for Gary which is always helpful. Eskimo had RSVP'd for the tournament as well, but after much debate I decided to ban him from attending games at my home.  I'm aware that Eskimo has had better behavior recently and I have never had any problems with him directly ala Eskimo v Doug Poker, but I'm simply not comfortable with the idea of him being in my home.  Apparently, he's not happy about the ban per his posts on my tournament wall but I'm not going to reply and start a war with him about the ban.  I emailed him privately (and very politely I might add) and I'm just going to leave it at that.

More on the topic of hosting and new members in a blog to come, as well as a quick tournament report from tonight's festivities.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment