Friday, November 9, 2012

Marc's $80 Bounty Tournament (06/02/12)

It has been awhile since I have posted one of these.  6 months?  Zoiks.  In that time span, I actually played 2 poker tournaments that I was just too lazy to log.  The first was Marc's $80 Bounty Tournament that he held back on June 2nd.  It was my first time playing at Marc S house and I was really impressed with his setup.  Nice basement.  Nice tables.  5 minute drive from my house.


15k starting stack. 20 minute levels. $20 for each bounty.  My opening table had Anthony Mendoza, Mike T, Doza, Chris O, Ang, Jamie W and Linda.

Level 1 (25/50) - The first level is normally pretty quiet for me but I picked up a few solid hands (QJ on the button and JJ the very next hand from the cut-off) that I won pretty decent sized pots with.  I ended the level with 17375 chips.

Level 2 (50/100) -  Didn't play a hand. Ended level with 17325 chips.

Level 3 (75/150) - Chris O raises to 425 from mid-position.  Folds to me on the Button and I re-raise to 900 with QQ.  Chris thinks for a minute and 4-bets 2625 more.  I call, no hesitation.  Flop, J T 7.  Chris immediately leads out for 4800.  I think for a minute and figure that a strong, almost insta- bet on a somewhat wet Flop means that he's trying to protect Aces or Kings and I fold.  Mike T pegs me for Queens after the hand and has me feeling a bit better when he says that I made a good fold.  I ended the level with 13675 chips.

Level 4 (100/200) - It's folded to Jamie who limps from the Button.  Luckbox Linda calls from the SB.  I raise to 800 from the BB with 88 and both players call.  Flop, T 9 4.  Linda checks, I bet 1100, Jamie folds and Linda calls.  Turn [T 9 4] X.  Linda checks, I bet 1600, she calls.  River [T 9 4 X] 7.  Check-check, and I drag a nice size pot (Linda had 66 and thought I was on big cards).  I ended the level with 19075 chips.

Level 5 (125/250) - In early position, I open to 700 with JJ.  Jamie is the only caller from the BB.  Flop, T 9 X, all diamonds.  I bet 800, Jamie calls.  Turn [Td 9d Xd] Kh.  Check-check.  River [Td 9d Xd Kh] Qc.  Jamie bets 1000 and I fold(?).  I'm not sure why I folded a straight there or if I logged the hand incorrectly in my phone (which tends to happen from time to time).  This is one of those cases where I wish I would have logged the tournament within a few days after I played it.  I ended the level with 17575 chips.

Levels 6 - 8 - I bled chips for an hour and ended Level 8 with 13000 chips exactly.

Level 9 (400/800) - I lost 7k in a race to Luckbox Linda (QQ < AK) but doubled up shortly afterward all in for 4800 against Jamie (KQ > AT).  I ended the level with 10400 chips.

Level 10 (500/1000) - With 8900 in my stack, I raise to 2500 from mid-position with Ac Jh.  It folds to Ang in the BB who goes AI and has me slightly covered.  I call (albeit reluctantly since I despise AJ) and she turns over JJ.  I'm delighted when the board runs out and realize that we both have made a straight, but it turns out hers is of the straight flush variety.

Busto.

Losing the race against Linda in Level 9 was really the turning point for me in the tournament.  Had that hand gone in my favor, perhaps I would have made a little run, as I was feeling good and playing pretty solid poker up until that point.  Oh well, onto the next one...

No comments:

Post a Comment